Monday, January 19, 2009

Interlude: 1000 Novels You Must Read

The Guardian paper has begun publishing a series of articles entitled 1000 Novels You Must Read with a few grand genres (so far Comedy, Crime, Love) and then a series of smaller articles for more niche sub genres and some devoted to individual authors Michael Dibdin (whom I love), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I'm not really a fan of Sherlock Holmes, and much prefer his shorter fiction like The Brazilian Cat), and Great Arabic Love Stories.

So far I haven't had much time to really go through all of the novels, but I thought it may be of interest.

Spent far less time reading this weekend than I had previously planned, so I have still not finished Bug Jack Barron.

Next book will definitely be The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment