Monday, March 2, 2009

New Book: Up for Grabs

I had started on Tim Scott's light hearted science fiction book Outrageous Fortune this morning but I don't know if I'm in the mood for it. I had started it because I needed to completely cleanse my mind from Throat Sprockets dark and oppressive hold on me (I was up until 3 AM re-reading sequences to make certain I really grasped what was going on and I was then up a further half hour just thinking about the whole).

The book so far is ephemeral, having the weight and consistency of chocolate mousse. It may be a mind cleanser, but I don't know if it's something I am really in the mood to read.

Perhaps something from Wodehouse would be more my speed currently.

1 comment:

  1. Outrageous Fortune utterly failed to take any sort of hold on me so it's been abandoned after 100 pages.

    ReplyDelete