Monday, April 27, 2009

Interlude: Still haven't successfully settled on a book.

I've picked up a few books and even read about 300 pages into one of them, but I couldn't place myself where the author needed me to be in order for his tale to be successful (Straub's Koko).

So I've bummed around a bit, reading from short story collections by Graham Greene, Thomas Ligotti and going cover to cover with a few magazines that have come my way, but nothing novel length has really hit.

This past Saturday, I've picked up David Peace's 1974, which was the basis for a portion of a prestige British television production based on the 5 book cycle called Red Riding and I've gotten a large chunk of it read but I still haven't decided if this is the book I'm going to continue with.

I realize I owe write ups on The Ceremonies (totally awesome, if you put a little bit of work into the source material beforehand) and The World Without Us (a book my GF found depressing, but I found totally optimistic in that life will go on after we've gone).

No comments:

Post a Comment